Located at Guddekere (8km from Agumbe and 27km from Thirthahalli), the five acre field site is nestled in the heart of the rainforests of Agumbe. Part of the biodiversity ‘hottest’ hotspot, the Western Ghats (World Heritage site, UNESCO), these forests host a wide variety of fauna and flora. With converging canopies, meandering streams and myriad life forms, the Campsite is an explorer’s paradise.
Tented accommodation with mats and blankets;
Hygienic common bathrooms (with running water and hot water facilities)
Toilets (Western & Indian)
Dining hall that is also used to hold discussions and meetings.
We can accommodate 20 adults or 30 children (for school camps).
Local Malnad/South-Indian Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian food. Coffee and Tea are served twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening)
Directions and Map
Travel Options: Please confirm all travel options before you head to the bus stand or railway station.
By Bus from Bangalore:
A KSRTC Sleeper bus leaves for Agumbe every day at 10:00 pm. From Platform No. 5 at the Kempegowda Bus Stand (Majestic bus stand) in Bangalore.
SRS Sleeper bus to Agumbe at 10:50pm from Anand Rao circle, Bangalore
Closest railway stations to Agumbe are in Udupi (55 Km) and Shimoga(90 Km)
Closest International Airports:
Bangalore (370 Km)
Mangalore (110 Km)
KCRE can help arrange for taxis from Udupi or Mangalore on request.
Getting to the Campsite:
Stop at Guddekere (which is 8km after Agumbe) while travelling towards Thirthahalli on the Agumbe-Thirthahalli Road. The Campsite is located 5km from Guddekere. Auto rickshaws or Maruti Omni vans have to be hired to reach the camp site.
Campsite Address: Kālinga Mane, Churrchihakklu, Agumbe Hobli, Hosur Grama, Guddekere, Shivamogga -577411
Mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org|Contact: +91-9480877670
Campsite Rules and Guidelines
Bonfires and loud music are prohibited in view of avoiding any disturbance to animals.
Handling, agitating, or disturbing any wildlife is not permitted and will warrant strict action.
Collection of any kind of flora or fauna is not permitted.
Exercise caution, control and care during observation and photography in the forest to avoid stressing species or exposing them to danger.
Respect the culture and sentiments of locals.
Kindly avoid carrying plastics and in case it is unavoidable we request that you carry back plastic waste with you (e.g., PET bottles, plastic bags, etc.).
Room service is not available at the Campsite.
Please understand that this campsite is an environmental education centre and not a tourist resort.
- Our camp site is equipped with Solar Power.
- Telephone and internet connectivity are strictly meant for office use.
- The closest ATM and Pharmacy are 24km away.
- BSNL is the only network that works intermittently at selected spots within the campus
- Hospitals: Melige hospital at Thirthahalli (24km)and Manipal hospital at Manipal (50km)
- Please carry fully charged batteries for your cameras, torches, laptops and other equipment. Having spare ones will help.
- Everyone is expected to wash their own plates, glasses and tea-cups after every meal.
- To help us manage waste we encourage you to separate organic and inorganic wastes and use the respective dustbins. Please carry all inorganic waste back with you.
- Please take care of your belongings and ensure to keep your cameras and other electronic equipment dry.